The Rules of Engagement are Changing
Engagement marketing is a marketing strategy that engages consumers and invites them to become part of a brand-building process and brand experience. However, today’s connected and overwhelmed consumer base poses a challenge to marketers and is rapidly changing the rules of engagement.
Who controls the buying process now? How to create meaningful interaction with buyers without flashing ads in front of them? What are inbound marketing strategies? Let’s find out.
Digitally Empowered Buyers: A Target Audience That Targets You
Recent technological, social, and cultural developments have empowered consumers as never before. As a consequence of the digital revolution and the explosive popularity of social media, the power in the deal has shifted from the sellers to the buyers, who now control the buying process by gaining information to their advantage.
Thanks to online reviews, social media, and the internet in general, buyers can get immediate access to a ton of data about your product and your competitors when and where they want. How does this shape the behavior of digitally empowered buyers?
- Digital Customers Bypass You in the Sale Process: Since customers use their smartphones to look for information and answer their own questions by themselves, they have the possibility to save time and minimize contact with salespeople. By reading reviews and comparing prices and products, they avoid traditional one-way flows of information, making conventional marketing strategies ineffective.
- Digital Customers Want Customization and Personalization: The dramatic increase in the use of social media has drastically personalized the digital experience. Buyers now want to be understood by sellers, they want empathy and a customized buying experience that is tailor-made for them.
- Digital Customers Don’t Like Invasiveness and Interruption: Ads over page content, splash screens, and traditional pop-ups or pop-unders now irritate customers if particularly intrusive and disruptive, and may turn into interruption (or outbound) marketing strategies that are now considered to be ineffective, especially on digital platforms.
For companies, to embrace a more consumer-centric approach and up-to-date marketing strategies is imperative if they want to keep up. Inbound marketing strategies indicate the right way to play by the new rules of engagement.
The Inbound Marketing Methodology
Inbound marketing is a business methodology that attracts, engages, and delights customers, consumers, and prospects by creating valuable content and experiences tailored to them. It forms connections that buyers are looking for and builds meaningful and long-lasting relationships. Therefore, inbound marketing doesn't merely aim to attract people to you but to keep them with you. That’s why knowledge and trust are the foundation for any good inbound strategy.
Plus, if you succeed in engaging with and delighting your customers through empowering insights and solutions, they will likely spread the voice and bring new customers to you.
How can you reach your target audience with the inbound methodology?
- Use Social Media Tools to Create and Publish Content: Publish your blog posts or video content across social networks using social media tools to increase awareness of your brand. Publish blog articles and create content that will give you value by providing meaningful information and answering customers’ questions. By doing so, you will put your expertise on display and show that your brand influences the market.
- Create Email Drip Campaigns: Use email marketing and marketing automation/lead nurturing to deliver the right information to the right person at the right time. Email drip campaigns are the ideal tool not only to attract new buyers but also to keep them with you by creating personalized and long-lasting customer experiences. By email, you will keep the interaction with your customers alive and you’ll have the possibility to keep them updated on new products and options.
- Optimize Your Website with SEO Strategy: Employ Search Engine Optimization strategies to build your authority in search and rank for the topics that matter the most to your prospects. An SEO strategy will require you to target specific keywords and phrases related to your products or services and the challenges you solve for customers. By understanding how to optimize your content in the most effective way, you will improve your performance in search and enhance your online visibility and recognizability.
- Create Good Landing Pages: Landing pages are standalone web pages created specifically for a marketing or advertising campaign. A visitor “lands” thereafter clicking on a link in an email, or ads from Google, Bing, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or similar places on the web. They are designed for the single purpose of marketing conversions, like a subscription, signup, or a purchase. If you manage to build professional-looking and even personalized landing pages, you will have higher chances to convert more buyers.
A good inbound marketing methodology will generate more traffic on your website, convert traffic into leads for your sales team, and drive growth to the bottom line.
Today, effective digital marketing strategies are more important than ever due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Covid has made selling even harder worldwide, with the shutting of businesses and the difficulties faced by the global economy.
How do we get to the buyers in today's post covid world? How do we win their trust, and loyalty, within today’s ultra-competitive global market?
If the rules of engagement marketing have changed, together with the broader global scenario, new players are needed to help your brand win the game in these uncertain times.
Eleet17Media helps small businesses build great revenue growth plans. Let us worry about all the technical SEO and inbound marketing matters. Our strength is to attract more qualified leads so that you can convert them into deals. Driving growth together is what we do!
Let's Get Started!